Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What cream coloured paint can I use on top of gold metallic paint and will it stick okay?

I painted some wooden dining chairs with gold metallic (outdoor) paint coz I liked the colour. I now want to paint them in a delicate creamy colour but cannot be arsed to rub them down with sandpaper. Is there something that will cover all and not flake?What cream coloured paint can I use on top of gold metallic paint and will it stick okay?
You can probably put on a decent primer and then paint over that, instead of having to sand. It depends on the finish you're looking for, though.What cream coloured paint can I use on top of gold metallic paint and will it stick okay?
I find the best way is to get someone else to do it for you
Get yaself an electric spray gun. Not expensive.


Spray with an oil based undercoat, then apply what you like.





Job jobed.
You should be able to simply prime and repaint over top of the primer, but it may take more than one coat of paint to cover completely.





Be sure to use an oil-based primer, since your outdoor gold metallic paint is very likely an oil-based paint.
no i think sanding is the only way, just enough to make the surface not so slick, then you can paint them

No comments:

Post a Comment