Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Painted Turtles have Metallic bubbles on their shells. What is it?

i just realized that my turtles have metallic bubbles on their shells it only shows when they are under water and the heat lamp is on. does that mean that the heat lamp is too close and they are getting burned i don't know what to do I am afraid they will die i have searched all over online and nobody says anything about that. My Painted Turtles have Metallic bubbles on their shells. What is it?
sounds like air pockets under the scutes their shedding off. Perfectly normal! They're growing!My Painted Turtles have Metallic bubbles on their shells. What is it?
try looking up stuff about how they shed there shell.....they dont actually shed there entire shell but when they grow small pieces of there shell flake off. its normal you could actually peel it off your self. and its showing when its under water because there is air under that thin layer of shell that if ready to come off.......... let me know if this helps
It's probably air bubbles under the outer layer of shell scutes. Normal. Don't worry about it, if you're keeping your water clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment