Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Airbrush tips / techniques? Want to airbrush with metallic paint, but thinned out...?

Hi. I don't airbrush, I'll just tell you that right now, so I have no idea how I would do this. Please don't assume I know anything about the art of airbrushing, I've never painted before and have never even owned an airbrush. Please be specific in your answer if possible. With that out of the way, here is what I'm hoping to accomplish...





I'd like to paint a one way mirror essentially. I found places that sell metallic silver paint, but that would be too heavy of a silver coating. Is there a way to thin out the paint by about half so it would provide a thinner layer of the silver? Would it be possible for me to alter a water/ammonia solution with silver nitrate (this is a dissolving solution) into a lacquer and spray with an airbrush?





Thanks in advance.Airbrush tips / techniques? Want to airbrush with metallic paint, but thinned out...?
I might be a little confused about what you are asking but i'll try to give you a good answer, Is the silver metallic paint you found actual airbrush paint? If it's not I would recommend airbrush paint I use Createx, Createx makes Auto Air colors that are waterbased non toxic. I have used them before to airbrush a drumset and they held up very well, they are also very thin coatings and if they aren't thin enough they make a reducer you can add to it, I buy from here https://shop.houseofkolor.com/hok/store/鈥?/a>


Hope I helped

No comments:

Post a Comment