Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is it possible to bondo over metallic paint before clear coat?

Hi everyone. I have a guitar I resurfaced and applied bondo to and I used the dupli-color paint shop metallic system and unfortunately there are some light indentations where I should of sanded more of the bondo so I was wondering if you can add bondo on top of a metallic coat and re-sand and spray some more color? I did not clear coat the guitar yet so we have primer, metallic base coat, color. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Many thanks!! Joe MIs it possible to bondo over metallic paint before clear coat?
Just rough up the surface good so the bondo has something to adhere to. It should be ok for a guitar.Is it possible to bondo over metallic paint before clear coat?
ya you can but ensure paint is dry,just sand with medium grit paper and block sand it .

No comments:

Post a Comment