Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Can I use a gravity fed HVLP turbine spraygun to spray metallic paint? will the particles settle at the bottom?

Hello. I hope you can help me! I plan to spray me car with metallic auto paint using a Fuji Mini Mite3 HVLP turbine...can anyone tell me if I can use a gravity fed gun to spray metallic? Wouldn't all the metallic particles settle at the bottom of the gun and basically ruin the finish? Do I have to keep shaking the gun like a 'mad man' to disperse the metallic particles? Should I go for a suction fed gun with a marble in the bottom of the cup to keep the paint mixed (like rattle cans do). I would appreciate comments from those that know!





Thanks,


starman1969Can I use a gravity fed HVLP turbine spraygun to spray metallic paint? will the particles settle at the bottom?
I've used gravity guns for years with every kind of finish.The particles in metallic are very light.some even float on the top.As for your gun system,I couldn't say,never used one,try a panel and see.But I will say this,spraying a car is a tough job,and,no offence,but You don't read as a pro.A crap spray job will kill a car,unsaleable.And metallic finish has to be the easiest to get wrong,Not to mention that I have a specific spray cap only for metallic.Ones possibly available for your system.You wont get the right flow or float without it.But,like I said,try it on an old door.I still test spray an old panel before touching the car.Did see a guy spray his volvo with a sort of attachment for a hoover once,and damn,it wasn't a half bad job.good luck.Can I use a gravity fed HVLP turbine spraygun to spray metallic paint? will the particles settle at the bottom?
This answer does not actually answer the question!


I don't read as a pro! ...but I spray like one!

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment