Thursday, February 18, 2010

Painting a guitar with metallic spray paint?

So for christmas i received a ';SAGA'; guitar kit.It seems to have some sort of thin coating on the wood nothing major or anything its just really smooth wood. I was wondering if I could use a metallic spray paint that you would use for cars. I know it would be possible but would it go on evenly? or should i have it professionally done by someone who paints cars or something? haha thankssPainting a guitar with metallic spray paint?
You'll have to prime it first with a spray of either white or gray primer so the final spray will really pop. Unless you have fantastic paint brushing ability,you'll see most of the strokes-using a spray bomb is recommended.I've used the metallic sprays from the auto department myself for my guitars.


You might convince someone from an auto body shop to do it as a freebie but its costing them money to load the canister etc. I doubt it will fly.


Did you ever think of just leaving it natural and spray the finish with a satin spray?Painting a guitar with metallic spray paint?
Whyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment