Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Does anyone know how to lighten up golden brown metallic paint?

It was supposed to have been more golden but it appears to be a lot darker than expected. I wanted a nice contrast against my other brown lush walls (copper tone). I'm painting a bedroom with very limited lighting. I wanted to paint one wall a golden tone but not too gold along with the ceiling to brighten up the whole bedroom but I picked to dark of a golden paint. Any suggestions how to lighten it up? Should I add more gold to it since that is the base?Does anyone know how to lighten up golden brown metallic paint?
I would suggest taking it to the paint store that mixed it for you and tell them your problem.


They know what pigments they added to make it the color it is and they will know what if anything can be added to make it lighter.





It might be helpful if you can show them a color chart that has a lighter gold that you are wanting.Does anyone know how to lighten up golden brown metallic paint?
add some ivory or white metallic paint, that should lighten it up and stil keep that metallic look to it.
  • cool myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment