Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where can I find chrome/metallic spray paint?

It has to adhere to plastic and it has to give a very good metallic/chrome shine.





Also, should I use a clear coat over something with a chrome finish, or will that look bad?





I'm doing this for a hobby/project and I'm not very good at it, thanks for the answers. Where can I find chrome/metallic spray paint?
Try Lowe's, Menard's, Home Depot or an automotive store for a good selection of spray paints. If the paint has to stick to plastic for a long time or out in the weather, check for new, special paints and primers made especially for plastic. You don't need clear coat over chrome. It's mainly to protect the finish on car paints.Where can I find chrome/metallic spray paint?
You can buy 24caret gold plate in a spray can. They also have silver, copper, and chrome. The finish looks very good. Go to your local home improvement store and look at what is on the shelves.
Aoto shops are the best bet. If going on plastic try something like superetch first.
anywhere that has paint, you don't need clear coat, try getting rustolem its very good paint

No comments:

Post a Comment