Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where can I get Metallic Paint?

So I Really want to do my room in metallic colors I want to do a light blue metallic on top then the bottom part i want to be silver (not grey) so it has to be metallic, i was wondering were i could get it at. any body know?Where can I get Metallic Paint?
They sell it at home depot but it's expensive. What I do is paint the wall the color you want and then I buy a gallon of glaze and get the metallic craft paint from home depot and mix it with some glaze in a container and apply that to the walls. You have to keep mixing it while you are painting. You can apply with a sea sponge over the base color so you won't get streaks.Just dab away and keep dabbing until you get the effect you want.


Paint the top part of the wall light blue and the bottom part light gray and use silver craft paint mixed with glaze for both. Buy about 6 bottles of the silver metallic craft paint 8oz. and use about 1/4 gallon of the glaze. You can put the mixture in a covered container in the fridge and the sponge in a plastic bag in the fridge until you are done.Where can I get Metallic Paint?
paint shop............... look them up online
Modern Masters makes a complete line of metallic paints for just such a purpose, they are generally sold where benjamin moore paint are sold in this area, ask at a paint store about them...

No comments:

Post a Comment