Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Have you ever painted a wall with silver (metallic) paint?

I would really like to paint the walls in my bedroom, from the chair rail down, with a metallic silver paint. Can this be done with good results? Any dos or don'ts I should know about?Have you ever painted a wall with silver (metallic) paint?
I have used silver metalic paint for a wall in my bathroom...


not the entire wall but rather alternating gray and silver stripes.


these stripes were 18 '; apart.....and everying in the bathroom


matches///I bought silver 2'; blinds, everything is silver, the


faucets, the doorknobs.....I made a gray shower curtain with


silver gromments and used silver thread.....really a clean,


modern look... so what I'm saying is go for it and if you don't


like it, prime and redo the wall.....





What were you planning for the upper half of the chair rail?





change your draw knobs to silver and your light fixtures.Have you ever painted a wall with silver (metallic) paint?
I haven't used silver metallic, but I've used gold. Just remember to keep stirring the paint since the little particles tend to go to the bottom. Be prepared to use 2-3 coats, and when applying the paint, do so in a W fashion rather than just up and down. Bet it will be beautiful.
No, but that would be cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment